Comment on Entry: Voting On Same Sex Marriage, authored by warrenpeterson
1. Dennis Prager - the voice of reason. He has a very thoughtful approach to most of today's contemporary issues and a clever sense of humor. He understands the motives of the left very well and proclaims the most vibrant religion in the world today as Leftism.

He and Adam Carolla, one the best comedians today have appeared together a number of times. Worth the price of admission !

Posted by KDS at October 30, 2012 04:33 PM
2. Here: The way I see it; Same sex is NOT SANE sex!

Posted by Steven Owen at October 30, 2012 07:29 PM
3. Voters already approved R-71. I see no need for R-74.

I'll accept same-sex marriage when the athiests stop taking down crosses.

Posted by Kevin_in_Seattle at October 30, 2012 11:30 PM
4. WA will approve R-74 by a wide (~15+%) margin leading the nation in an historic popular approval of marriage equality.

It will be a watershed moment in American politics and a boon for our national and international businesses here in WA.

For what it is worth, WA's move to marriage equality will be long remembered as one of two significant achievements of Gregoire's political career in WA.

Posted by MikeBoyScout at October 31, 2012 06:30 AM
5. I get tired of having to keep going back to reaffirm the popular vote and say once again to no same sex marriage. They already have monetary rights of married couples. This is a waste of time and money which we don't have in the state thanks to Ms Gregoire's social engineering spending sprees.

Posted by Against R74... again. at October 31, 2012 08:09 AM
6. Prager starts off sounding reasonable but the whole premise of his problem with gay marriage is wrong. He writes, "The whole premise of same-sex marriage is that gender is insignificant: It doesn't matter whether you marry a man or a woman."

Quite the opposite: the premise of same-sex marriage is that gender is very significant: a person should be able to marry the person whose gender is the one they are naturally drawn to.

Prager lists a bunch of social changes that mostly have nothing to do with gay marriage and calls them the "war on gender". Most of these have nothing to do with gay marriage. He could just as easily have included giving women the right to vote or drive or work, but he knows that would sound really bad.

I'm proud that the majority of my fellow Washingtonians will show next week that they are smarter and more decent than this.

Posted by Bruce at October 31, 2012 10:15 AM
7. Mikey B.S. - Really? Gay marriage? What about me, the other significant achievement over her 20+ years as a guv'mint employee? I'm glad that you recognize me, whatever I am, although it is nice that I didn't have much competition in the accomplishments tally!

Posted by the other significant achievement at October 31, 2012 12:06 PM
8. Liberals never manage to think ahead to the unintended consequences of their cause of the moment.

They are all for the first amendment for themselves but especially not for religious freedom.

The taxpayers will again be on the hook when the government is sued for denying the religious freedom and conscience.

Liberals don't care. They will have had their tantrum and their Phyrric victory.

Like the 4 yr old whining and grabbing another child's toy, America's selfish liberals absolutely believe loss of freedom is AOK as long as they get what they want.

Can we call them anti-American yet? Or just anti-FREEDOM?

Religious freedom loss is only ONE unintended consequence. I doubt even one SP liberal can think of another nor care that they can't.

They want to claim opponents are selfish for opposing homosexual marriage when it's EXACTLY opposite. ... And that's another insidious MO of the left.

Posted by RagnarDanneskold at October 31, 2012 12:45 PM
9. Ragnar@10 spouts, "Make no mistake, if this passes it will become another religious freedom case as the Catholic Church will deny homosexuals sanction in the church when they deny to hold the ceremony. Some noisy, homosexual agenda jerk will attempt to PURPOSELY force their hand and will sue. That's their MO and they have done it before."

So in fact, liberals did think ahead to the possible unintended consequences of this measure.

Now that we've cleared this up, I'm sure you'll be supporting Ref 74!

Posted by Bruce at October 31, 2012 12:58 PM
10. As if we can trust you and your sodomite pals, Bruce. Several years back you swore that the "everthing but marriage" law was all you wanted. How long did that promise last? Lying perverts.

Posted by Saltherring at October 31, 2012 01:09 PM
11. Saltherring, stop making things up; I didn't swear anything. Anyway, you don't need to "trust" anyone; that's why we write laws. Anyone can try to sue anyone for anything, but we have these things called laws that we use to decide cases. Someone could sue even now to demand that the Catholic church marry gays or divorced people or cats and dogs, but they would get laughed out of court, and R74 doesn't change that one bit.

Posted by Bruce at October 31, 2012 01:23 PM
12. If you call a tail a leg, how many legs does a dog have?

Four; calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.

And calling homosexual couplings "marriage" doesn't make them marriages.

Only Cultural Marxist liars say they are.

Posted by Tomas de Torquemada at October 31, 2012 01:39 PM
13. It's not marriage equality. Gay marriage or same-sex marriage. I understand the spin and thus making folks feel like they should make gays equal to heterosexuals because it's just not fair...however they are not. Man-Man or Woman-Woman or Transexual-Transexual isn't equal to man-woman.

I also expect it to pass. I also expect the marijuana one to pass. The degredation of our society and drive to the LCD is the goal of progressives.

Posted by Dengle at October 31, 2012 01:42 PM
14. Bruce pouts @ 12:58 PM: But the bill says "No regularly licensed or ordained minister or any priest, imam, rabbi, or similar official of any church or religious denomination is required to solemnize any marriage. A refusal to solemnize any marriage under this section by a regularly licensed or ordained minister or priest, imam, rabbi, or similar official of any church or religious denomination does not create a civil claim or cause of action."

It DOESN'T matter. It hasn't mattered in other states. The point will be to MAKE THE POINT, which the liberal antagonists will do just as surely as God made little green apples and just as surely Bill Clinton parsed the word 'is'. You are beyond naive and koolaid drunk if you think WORDS will prevent further demands.

Yes we'll "trust" the con men... er, LIBERALS [/SNICKER]

Grow up.

Posted by RagnarDanneskold at October 31, 2012 01:45 PM
15. Don't play games with me, Bruce. You leftists always follow the same Saul Alinsky script, by relentlessly coming after the public until you shove every measure of your disgusting statist/collectivist/amoral agenda down our throats. I do not believe you and your ilk will rest until you have contaminated every area of our society with your filth.

Posted by Saltherring at October 31, 2012 01:49 PM
16. They are "neo-com(munist) men", Ragnar. A perverse plague on our society, individually and collectively. They will not stop until they have decimated all that is decent, pure and good. Only God can take them out...and if you believe the Bible...He will do just that.

Posted by Saltherring at October 31, 2012 02:10 PM
17. Bruce pouts @ 12:58 PM: But the bill says "No regularly licensed or ordained minister or any priest, imam, rabbi, or similar official of any church or religious denomination is required to solemnize any marriage. A refusal to solemnize any marriage under this section by a regularly licensed or ordained minister or priest, imam, rabbi, or similar official of any church or religious denomination does not create a civil claim or cause of action."

Clearly in Bruce's world neither individuals nor private business's have no right to/OF religious freedom.

Posted by RagnarDanneskold at October 31, 2012 02:33 PM
18. A stupid distraction that panders to an almost insignificant percentage of the populace. We've got real problems, like domestic policy, massive debt and deficits, unfunded liabilities, rising energy costs, and a lot of foreign strife.

Same sex marriage is a waste of time/ Democrat wedge issue.

Posted by Jeff B. at October 31, 2012 02:36 PM
19. It is interesting that the 6 States devistated by the hurricane had all legalized gay marriage. Now King Barry wants Maine, Maryland and Washington to follow suit. Let's hope we have more sense than that, Gregwire has been a disaster of similar proportions already.

Posted by conrad carter at October 31, 2012 04:39 PM
20. Torquemada @12 is correct. You can call it a "marriage" all you want, but it's NOT A MARRIAGE. Oh, and by the way, I'm gay. And disgusted by the gay left. Newsflash: not ALL gay folks drink the Kool-Aid®.

Posted by Bastiat Fan at October 31, 2012 04:54 PM
21. conrad carter,

Not only for the states most affected by Hurricane Sandy, but for the fact it was the coastal, urbanized, politically hard-left-leaning areas of those states that received the most significant damage. Likewise, when the "big one" hits the northwest, I would expect Seattle and/or Portland to receive the heaviest damage...due to the fact that the Bible states that "God is not mocked". God created the institution of marriage and any attempt to legalize marriage between homosexuals is a mockery of what God has ordained.

Posted by Saltherring at October 31, 2012 06:22 PM
22. So, Saltherring, when Hurricane Issac disrupted the Republican Convention, that was because God was displeased at the GOP nominating a heretic?

This is fun. I take it that the long drought in Texas and other Conservative states is God is upset with Conservatives over their stand on abortion? ("I never said anything about life starting at conception, I'm withholding water from these idiots"), or from their stance on the poor ("What part of 'Am I my brother's keeper' do they not understand?") At least this explains why Rick Perry's great Prayer-a-thon did nothing to help Texas or his Presidential campaign.

I love being able to make up what God is thinking. I guess the fact that living standards in the Northwest and the Mid-Atlantic states are so much higher than they are in Conservative bastions like Alabama or Mississippi is a further sign that God is very displeased with the Republican party. Its a good thing God is busy having women raped to provide more children, or who knows what he would do to Republican controlled states.

Or it could just be that coastal areas are the areas that will get harmed when a hurricane comes ashore. But we wouldn't want to bring science into this, when we can just blame God and make up his will.

Posted by Lionel Hutz Esq. at November 1, 2012 11:02 AM
23. @22 - I seriously doubt that you believe in God, which renders your comments absurd. The religion you believe in is Leftism, which is void of a God - they are mutually exclusive. BTW- Communists are also void of worshiping a God..

Posted by KDS at November 1, 2012 11:53 AM
24. Tolerance... lefty style

Posted by RagnarDanneskold at November 1, 2012 11:53 AM
25. Gay Marriage and the Curse of Rumpelstiltskin
-- As a bisexual professor, I find myself woefully torn, even overwhelmed. There are people in the "gay" community whom I love. I want to see them prosper. For some of them, prosperity means staying in same-sex relationships but distancing themselves from dangerous influences. If there are children in trouble who need foster homes, it seems perfectly reasonable for stable same-sex couples to cooperate with the children's biological parents and help kids get back on their feet.

For other gays I know, prosperity might mean finding some peace with the opposite sex and having children through heterosexual unions, gay naysayers be damned. Many of them have wonderful fatherly and motherly instincts. They might have never had a problem expressing such instincts had the gay community not given them the idea that it was their "right" to have children without a partner of the opposite sex in the picture.

In bygone centuries, their intense emotional attachment to the same sex would have found some balance with their spousal needs. Today, because of gay rights rhetoric, their emotional attachments to the same sex have become a barrier. The language of gay rights tells them they don't have a choice and that children have to be acquired through fraught asexual arrangements -- the most problematic one being the contrivance by which a biological father or mother is magically rinsed out of the picture.

Voters in Maryland, Minnesota, Maine, and Washington face a painful choice. I cannot tell them how to vote. All I can say is that they should mind the consequences of redefining marriage. It would be a permanent change, one like Roe v. Wade. We cannot reverse it if we find that it isn't going well.

I must credit Doug Mainwaring for a great piece recently that pulled together some of the key arguments against gay marriage. I know how hard it must be for him to write the words "I am gay" while arguing against gay marriage. I also know where he comes from. It isn't hate for gays, but a love for all humanity.

Posted by RagnarDanneskold at November 1, 2012 12:37 PM
26. KDS @ 23:

Was gone all day so I thank you for your well reasoned and well written response to the Marxist. God has most certainly revealed to us prophetic words throughout the Bible. But you have to read His word and seek Him to know His ways. If we indeed are in the "last days" of earth, we can expect all the things Jesus spoke of in Mattlew 24 and 25, particularly since Americans have elected a president who favors sodomite marriage and subsidizes infanticide. Woe to America and woe to all who reject Jesus.

Posted by Saltherring at November 1, 2012 05:50 PM
27. it's just natural. don't deny nature. man wants man. good. nature. married man wants any women...good. married women wants any man. good.

Oh wait....there are morals that keep a society together and we should promote those that are good and those that are bad shouldn't be. Hmmmm. Ok. However, Bruce and the Col Purz say I don't have to worrry and just do what nature make me compelled to do. I'm sold. I can't wait to just break every law or moral standing we have. There shouldn't be any morals. Live as you wish. Thanks Bruce...I feel better that I can do whatever I want when ever i want. Now I know why Islamists need their women in Burkas. if you see them you just have to bang them. It is nature.

Posted by Dengle at November 2, 2012 10:16 AM
28. Four states, not three. The ballot measures in Maine, Maryland and Washington seek to legalize gay marriage, while the Minnesota initiative would ban same-sex marriage. So yeah I guess technically three but the issue is on the ballot in four states.

Click here to find out what is happening at Evergreen State College

Posted by Scott at November 2, 2012 03:13 PM
29. Chances are at least one of the 3 states will pass it - my money is on Maryland and WA in 2nd place - perhaps Maine also. A sad commentary, but I can think of a sadder commentary.

Posted by KDS at November 2, 2012 04:15 PM
30. please take a look at her plea below and see if you can help. (The original comment is here and is reproduced with, sports betting australia, 8PP,

Posted by RileySaum at November 5, 2012 02:06 AM