Comment on Entry: Things and Things, authored by pudge
1. I find it interesting that the Herald, Seattle Times and all the broadcast media thought it is newsworthy to run a story where the data was collected anonymously with the potential of being edited, but they won't investigate a whisteblower's accusation that Delbene's Department of Revenue allowed rich Democrat contributors to avoid paying state taxes on their private jets.

Posted by Ken Klein at November 1, 2012 07:18 AM
2. Ken, you don't get it. The whistleblower story has the potential to be really important, so you cannot publish it without careful investigation. This isn't important, so there's no such obligation. :)

Posted by pudge at November 1, 2012 07:25 AM
3. Rape and incest account for less than 3% of the abortions done today....Rape is a crime of violence(and I would say incest, too) and and abortions in cases like this are viewed by many as an act of self defense. I wish Koster had not made the statement saying the "rape thing".... whatever he meant, his words sounded flip and insensitive. I hope he wins, but this statement by him might cost him the election, no matter how unqualified DelBene may be. And you know the local media will headline his statements every day until the election.
I don't understand why many who are pro-life for 97% of the cases get castigated because they are undecided about the last 3%---rape and incest. And I don't see Rob McKenna being taken to task because he's pro-abortion...but that's a different topic.

Posted by Dovetail at November 1, 2012 07:55 AM
4. Rape and incest account for less than 3% of the abortions done today....Rape is a crime of violence(and I would say incest, too) and and abortions in cases like this are viewed by many as an act of self defense. I wish Koster had not made the statement saying the "rape thing".... whatever he meant, his words sounded flip and insensitive. I hope he wins, but this statement by him might cost him the election, no matter how unqualified DelBene may be. And you know the local media will headline his statements every day until the election.

Posted by Dovetail at November 1, 2012 07:56 AM
5. Dovetail: "whatever he meant, his words sounded flip and insensitive"

Only if you want it to sound that way. The word "thing" has no such implied meanings.

Many people -- Koster included -- use the word "thing" to describe things. That this is viewed as in any way bad ... it's idiocy.

"this statement by him might cost him the election"

No, it won't. Anyone who is *that* oversensitive to abortion and his view that there should be no exceptions for rape certainly wouldn't be voting for him anyway.

Posted by pudge at November 1, 2012 08:24 AM
6. Yes Pudge, your brain appears to be functioning as designed.

The problem lies with the left who feel an overwhelming need to re-define the world in their own private language. A language that makes all rational thoughts appear to be some kind of hate crime.

Posted by Doug in Seattle at November 1, 2012 08:41 AM
7. As a donor to the Koster campaign, I am very disappointed that he made such an unforced error. Conservatives must know by now that their statements will be twisted and exploited by the 'mainstream' media if at all possible. (See Akin, Todd and Mourdock, Richard.)

He probably just lost the election, but I hope not.

Posted by Kato at November 1, 2012 08:58 AM
8. Kato, what error? I see none. All you're saying is that his words will be twisted, which is true, but that just means he shouldn't ever say anything. He said, literally, nothing bad.

I understand that some people see it as bad, but it, in fact, was not. And since it is impossible to predict when people will see something as bad, you're just saying he should say nothing.

Regardless, read my comment @5. Please explain to me how this could lose him the election. I cannot see it. No one who would have voted for him will NOT vote for him just because of this.

Relatedly: I wonder how many votes have already been cast. I always vote in person on election day, but I know most people don't.

Posted by pudge at November 1, 2012 09:04 AM
9. Since WA and OR are all mail states, either you don't live here or you really want to go to a lot of extra trouble to find a place to vote in person.

We mailed our ballots Tuesday.

Posted by AL at November 1, 2012 09:28 AM
10. AL:

First, WA is not an all-mail state the last I checked. One county was still a holdout (I forget which one). It's not a state law, it's per county. The state allows the counties to do it.

Second, it's actually easy to find a place to vote in person: it's called the County Auditor's office. It's actually required to have a place to vote in person, because of the Help America Vote Act, for disabled voters.

In Snohomish County, we have on-site voting on voting machines both at the County Auditor (starting 18 days before the election) and at the Lynwood library the days before, and of, the election.

They are easy to find ... in my county, anyway. I usually just vote (on election day) at the Auditor's office in Everett on my way to work. No lines!

Posted by pudge at November 1, 2012 09:46 AM
11. 'If you don't have a record to run on then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from.' ~ Barack Obama 2008

Democrats can't defend their record, so they go to their default position of lies and deception and hope they can get past the election.

Posted by Rick D. at November 1, 2012 10:03 AM
12. Yowser!

Posted by RagnarDanneskold at November 1, 2012 12:18 PM
13. "If I don't have this done in three years, then there's going to be a one-term proposition." -- Barack Obama on the economy in February of 2009

Yep.

Posted by Jeff B. at November 1, 2012 12:26 PM
14. It's interesting that the one place required to have on-site voting is for the disabled. I thought the disabled were why we had absentee voting in the first place!

Posted by Matt M. at November 1, 2012 06:42 PM
15. I just thought of a better title for this post: it should've been "Leftists Deny the Existence of Rape."

If "rape thing" is in any way bad, it can only possibly mean that rape is NOT a thing, and if that is the case, it is not something, or even anything, which means it doesn't exist.

Therefore, liberals are trying to deny the existence of rape.

Q.E.D.

Posted by pudge at November 1, 2012 08:11 PM
16. jordan retro
I really like your website, I can a you hand to a friend jordan retro
? Looking saucy to your take in my website thumbjordan outlet online

Posted by immiskswata at November 7, 2012 12:39 AM