1. No, you see it's the Air Force One bomber jacket...i.e. symbolism over substance that seems to prevail in this Administration's attempt to maintain reign. :)
3. If the leftist media was fair and even-handed BHO wouldn't get 30% of the vote. The whole lying pack, national and local, should be tarred, feathered and run out of every town in the country with pitchforks.
It's not really surprising.. It's not as if the media isn't fully invested in the re-election of President Obama. One only has to look at the tidal wave of coverage given to Cindy Sheehan versus the coverage of Benghazi to understand the bias. Where are the tough questions? The news media died in 2008, however it's still shocking to observe the utter lack of integrity in "news media" today.
5. I'm going to give our usual loud lefty's the benefit of the doubt and assume they are watching football rather than commenting on the twin horror of the story and it's avoidance by their media.
Voting: A debt of honor
By: Richard L Johnson
11/4/2012 05:22 PM
Two former Navy SEALs died in a little hellhole called Benhgazi. Still in the employ of their country, Tyrone Woods and Glenn Doherty fought until the bloody end, while our country stood by and ignored their pleas for help.
Is this the country we have become? A country that turns its back on our warriors and leaves them to die without raising a finger to assist?
Voting is the measure of who we are as a people. Are we a country of cowards who refuse to help our fellow countrymen under fire? That's what this election comes down to: Are we cowards or are we Americans?
I can point to any number of reasons why President Obama should be run out of town. We can talk about the economy, Fast & Furious, the threatened imposition of a new assault weapon ban or the health care abomination. But, leaving our people to die on foreign soil strikes to the fundamental core of our being.
At no time in my life have I ever been ashamed of my country. Yes, we have made mistakes. Sometimes those mistakes have been awful. But at no time have we ever gotten in bed with our enemies and knowingly left our own people to die.
But this administration seems to have gone on a bit farther than just leaving them to be killed by these filthy jihadists. It seems that our very own government took active measures to stop troops from moving in to assist Woods and Doherty.
The rage I feel when thinking what our government did, in our names, is indescribable.
Fortunately, it is not too late to correct our mistakes. It is likely you are reading this before the final presidential polls have closed in your state. If you have not done so already, get up right now and go vote.
We can disagree on whether or not open carry is a good idea, or if people with tattoos are the face of the changing gun culture. But the one thing that we all can agree on is we never leave anyone behind. Not a soldier, not a sailor, not an airman, not a Marine - no American is left behind, no American is abandoned.
President Obama has shown he does not subscribe to that basic American ethos. We need someone who does.
Men kept faith at Puson, Guadalcanal, Bastogne, Valley Forge, Khe Sanh and Bunker Hill. Each man standing with the next, not because it was easy, but because they were Americans. It was understood that they would never be abandoned.
Is it still true? Do we still believe in the values of the US Soldier's Creed, which says "I will never accept defeat. I will never quit. I will never leave a fallen comrade."
To the men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice we owe a debt we can only repay by reclaiming what they gave their lives to protect. Woods and Doherty are not the first, nor will they be the last, to die in the service of these United States. The least we can do is get out and take a stand on what kind of country we will be.
We must remember the awe-inspiring words once spoken by President Lincoln during our country's Civil War:
"...from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion--that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain--that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom--and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth".
Lincoln's words have never held more meaning than they do today.
Get off your butt and go vote.
7. Very well stated, #6. :)
If Mitt Romney does not win, voter fraud will be significant and those who enabled the fraud to matter have plunged this nation into being a banana republic and indefinite redistribution.
Stuck on stupid..
9. #6: Wow, Ragnar & all---when your president doesn't give a flip about letting a precious newborn baby die alone in a utility closet, is it really such a stretch for him to let our finest die this way? Was his cold-blooded callousness toward the newly born simply a hint of what he was capable of when it comes to others? I submit that it was. A lot of us tried to tell others what it could mean. Now we see. And I despise it.
10. If this checks out, big reps and a thanks comin your way. Looks promising as hell, though! sincerly, Kristine, indianelite.com, 145 Bosepukur Purbapara, Kolkata, WB 700078, India 9748001647
11. Good to hear from you Michele. Hope you and your family are well. And yes, BHO has proven for decades he has no regard for any human life beyond his own twisted, narcissistic existence. Only Marxists, fools, racists and those held prisoner by the Dimocrat welfare plantation will grieve the day he exits the White House.
..and AFTER you all add your comments to Jim's fine commentary (and Jim I have very much appreciated some of your points as of late about some of the races), go to a KC republican call center or wave a sign or help chase ballots for Rs. You can make a difference in many races. 3,2,1....go!
call the WA state republican party or contact KCGOP and ask where you're needed!
Ballots are out -
fill yours out & mail it in!
PAID BALLOT RETRIEVAL NEED
The KCGOP has an urgent need for PAID get-out-the-vote (GOTV) Canvassers through Election Day. Temporary workers will work in teams to assist voters to return their ballots in locations throughout King County.
Workday: 10am-8pm through Nov 6th
Contact: King County GOP 425-990-0404 or by email
Please forward this information along to interested Republicans.
WE NEED YOU!
Get Involved - Get-Out-The-Vote
You might be wondering how you can get involved right now? Ballots have dropped and all of our efforts are concentrated on getting out the vote!
It is imperative that we take all the voter ID work from the last several weeks and use it to ensure every identified Republican returns their ballot. Join us in our efforts!
Date: Mon-Sat, 10am-8pm
Location: KCGOP Victory Phone Bank- 855 106th Ave, Ste 125, Bellevue, WA (Building is located next door to KCGOP Office building)
Ready, set, go...!
Jim, this is some world-class concern-trolling, even by your standards, and by the standards of this site. Thank you so much for lightening my day. I'm hoping for better news tomorrow, of course, but you've really helped me here. Thank you!
It is easy for partisans -- of both major parties, and many other groups -- to avoid hearing arguments that reflect badly on their side, while seizing on those that reflect well.
And your only sources here are The Weekly Standard, the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal, and your own site, to which you were kind enough to link twice. That's three right-wing sources of opinion, not a single news source amongst them.
That's more of a hazard for leftists, since it is easier, especially in this area, for them to avoid unpleasant subjects, and facts.
Show us how it is done. Cite a fact. *Snicker*
But if you avoid taking inconvenient information seriously, you will, inevitably, fool yourself.
How did Judge Bridges rule?
15. 9. #6: Wow, Ragnar & all---when your president
You must have me confused with someone else. I've ground my teeth, endured the last 4 years and kept my sanity through prayer, especially in regard to abortion and the most radical pro-abortion president ever inflicted upon us by our fellow citizens.
Michelle, I've actually tried to email you pro-life articles I thought you might find interesting, but they always bounced back.
The stakes for life
Democrats used to call for policies that made abortion "safe," "legal" and "rare." Under Obama, "rare" has been replaced with "available regardless of ability to pay."
Wake up tensor, CBS releases even more unseen footage from Obama interview after Benghazi attack...
You may hate the fact that Breitbart reported on CBS but that doesn't change the FACTS.
16. Definitely believe that which you stated. Your favorite justification seemed to be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people consider worries that they plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks
hermes outlet online http://hermesoutletonline.v5s7.com
17. whoah this blog is wonderful i love reading your posts. Stay up the great paintings! You realize, a lot of individuals are hunting round for this info, you can aid them greatly.
moncler kids http://monclergetkids.overblog.com/