Comment on Entry: Want to pay for more renewable energy?, authored by Ron Hebron
1. Is solar included in the 'other' category?

Posted by Duffman at November 16, 2012 08:18 AM
2. Was there an explanation about the wind numbers? SCL shows 4.1% wind, but none of it comes from Green Up 2011. If not from that project, what's the connection between Green Up and SCL?

Posted by SouthernRoots at November 16, 2012 09:15 AM
3. My power company, Puget Sound Energy, also has a Green Energy program. It has approximately 30,000 participants, which as of 2010, ranked them 6th in the nation for this program. They have a total of 1.1 million customers. So for all the hypocrites who support and vote for "renewables" and the liberals that support them, they don't even get 3% participation in the program to pay for it. Liberals don't want to pay for the cost of the things they support, participation in these green energy programs prove it.

Posted by Palouse at November 16, 2012 09:23 AM
4. This what happens when you subsidize wind and solar source energy to become a major source of electricity:

Posted by Paddy at November 16, 2012 11:15 AM
5. I'll right away seize your rss as I can not in finding your e-mail subscription hyperlink or newsletter service. Do you have any? Please allow me realize so that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

Posted by Elise at November 16, 2012 12:59 PM
6. Our RSS feed is in the lower-left corner of home page.

Posted by Ron Hebron at November 16, 2012 02:20 PM
7. Not only is hydropower not infinite, it's not eternal, either. Dams and powerhouses have a limited useful life. In fact, the current trend in America is removing dams. We have a couple notable examples here in Washington on the Elwha and White rivers. Only ignorant people think the world is static and there's no need for us to invent and invest in new energy technologies. Much of America's success story has been built on getting there first technologically. Why should energy be any different? Btw, if you want to know something (even a little bit) about dams and hydropower, here's an easy read to get you started.

Posted by Roger Rabbit at November 16, 2012 03:41 PM
8. I love looking through an article that can make people
think. Also, thank you for allowing for me to comment!

Posted by 9edgecrib.livejournal.com at November 16, 2012 08:10 PM
9. Hey Warren, get rid of the spam !!

Back to the topic of this post, unlike all of the rest of the loony toon wack-jobs who posted the spam from 9-33. Wind power is not being utilized efficiently and there are too many of the new windmills in Eastern WA and through the Columbia Gorge. There are lawsuits in progress to remove a number of these windmills and hope they are successful.

There is no storage capacity for the new windmills. What happened to innovation here ? Has it been suppressed by crony socialism ? The answer is obvious and it has trickled down to utility companies.

Renewable energy needs to have a positive cost benefit or it is not worth pursuing. The current Federal government in DC evidently does not consider these economics - they have redefined voodoo economics !!

Posted by KDS at November 17, 2012 10:21 AM
10. Spam Comments! Ron, do you recognize all the posts so far (except maybe the first one) as Spam? I have my own blog at rushbabe49.com, and comments like those appear in my "spam queue" for me to delete before they hit my posts.
My real comment is: Seattle residents never met a tax or increased fee, especially for "organic" or "green" projects that they didn't like. They keep voting for higher and higher taxes-it's a wonder they have ANY income left over to live on!

Posted by RushBabe49 at November 17, 2012 10:22 AM
11. Oops, the top line should say;
Hello Ron Hebron , kindly get rid of the spam (posts 10-33) !!

Posted by KDS at November 17, 2012 10:25 AM
12. When you get people voting for the President based on skin color and free cell phones, it is no wonder they cannot comprehend the physics and economics against wind energy.

Posted by Leftover at November 17, 2012 11:17 AM
13. Roger the Harebrained at 9: "Only ignorant people think the world is static and there's no need for us to invent and invest in new energy technologies."

Let me guess, you're all for that static century-old rail technology for moving people in the Seattle area? Wouldn't that make you an "ignorant" person by your definition?

Posted by It Takes a Village to Convene a Grand Jury at November 17, 2012 12:11 PM
14. Roger rodent@9 "Dams and powerhouses have a limited useful life." Bonneville Dam was built in 1938, only in the last 10 years have they started to bebuild the turbines. Concrete doesn't go soft over the years. Are you aware BPA paid the wind farms 20 million dollars this year to NOT produce any engery,during the run offs? Who do you think has to pay that 20 million? I'll give you a clue, its you fool.

Posted by Gorge Man at November 17, 2012 01:02 PM
15. Roger rodent @9 "Dams and power houses have a limited useful life" Bonneville dam construction began in 1934 and completed in 1938. Only in the last 10 years have they started to rebuilt the generators in power house one on the Oregon side of the river. Concrete doesn't go soft over the years. Are you aware BPA paid the wind farms 20 million dollars to NOT produce electricity this year, during the runoff? No wonder our rates have jumped 20 percent in the last year.I live in the middle of these wind farms.They are a joke and would never have been built without all the Federal dollars and tax breaks. They are continually breaking down and maintance is extremely expensive. They also have 165 foot blades come loose and go sailing through the air. Fortunately no one has been injures yet. Their useful life has just been changed from 20 years to 18 years. The only thing that has limited useful life, is you. dumb ass.

Posted by Gorge Man at November 17, 2012 01:24 PM
16. @9 is another libtard. Nothing else to say except, poor excuses for people like that pride themselves in being ignorant fools and obfuscation.

Posted by Green Weenie alert at November 17, 2012 01:24 PM
17. The Party's Over For Big Wind:

With natural gas selling for $3.50 per million BTU, no one in their right mind would be pushing wind energy.

Posted by Smoley at November 17, 2012 04:03 PM
18. Posts 18-23 are SPAM. Eliminate them please, Ron

Posted by KDS at November 18, 2012 12:00 AM
19. Wonder when they start the scam of volunteering every customer and making you have to opt out?

Posted by Dave at November 18, 2012 09:47 AM
20. Seattle is wonderfully situated to take advantage of renewable energy. West Virginia - not so lucky. But we must force every single locality to use renewables only, even it means reducing energy consumption by 97%.

Posted by SmoledMan at November 18, 2012 10:51 AM
21. @13 No, I'm not for it, and maybe you should have waited for my answer to your first question before asking your second question. It's usually a good idea to look over a fence before climbing it ... there may be a bull (or rabbit) there.

Posted by Roger Rabbit at November 18, 2012 06:34 PM
22. @30 - You are full of rabbit excrement. Take your LOSER green energy and climb over the fence, then shove it along with the rest your green weenie allies !

Posted by KDS at November 18, 2012 07:42 PM
23. Dumb Roger Rodent, Green Engery what a crock. Show me one scientist that backs windpower. It is all polictical BS. The lobbyist are the ones pushing it. Prove me wrong you old piece of liberal crap.

Posted by Gorge Man at November 18, 2012 08:10 PM
24. @22 & @23: Neither of you know what my position on green energy is. That makes at least three posters in this thread who would benefit from ASSUME training. I can suggest a provider if you can't find one on your own.

Posted by Roger Rabbit at November 18, 2012 08:38 PM
25. @25 What do you ASSume we are assuming ? Why is it a secret about what your position is about renewable energy ? Actually you stated it in @7 and I made my position transparent in @9.

This disagrees with your green energy for the sake of it without economic considerations - which is a big factor ! You demonstrated that you are in lock-step with Obama and his corrupt cronies and the green weenies.

Posted by KDS at November 18, 2012 09:56 PM
26. @27 I'm curious how you extrapolated "green energy for the sake of it without economic considerations" from @7. Your thought process is most fascinating.

Posted by Roger Rabbit at November 18, 2012 11:35 PM
27. @26 - I have mind reading capabilities of 4-legged critters.

Posted by KDS at November 19, 2012 11:40 AM
28. @28 Let me know who your dealer is. I want some of what you're smoking.

Posted by Roger Rabbit at November 19, 2012 02:56 PM
29. I trust it is now apparent to anyone able to wade through all the spam advertising in this thread that KDS is illogical, assumes things, and doesn't know what he's talking about. Of course, this blog's comment threads aren't exactly famous for the quality of their intellectual content, are they?

Posted by Roger Rabbit at November 19, 2012 02:59 PM
30. " Not only is hydropower not infinite, it's not eternal, either. Dams and powerhouses have a limited useful life. In fact, the current trend in America is removing dams. We have a couple notable examples here in Washington on the Elwha and White rivers."

That is a hare-brained statement on its face. The significant hydropower dams will be here for many years to come. The Elwha was not a significant dam.

Pot meet kettle. Only when there is a favorable cost/benefit ratio, otherwise hare-brained schemes like Solyndra and too much wind power without storage will further cripple us financially.

"Much of America's success story has been built on getting there first technologically. Why should energy be any different? Btw, if you want to know something (even a little bit) about dams and hydropower."

I have a background in hydropower and am unimpressed with the link you supplied. It clearly appears that you are afraid to admit that you are all for green energy without taking economic benefits into account - exactly what I said originally because it isn't cool now.

"KDS is illogical, assumes things, and doesn't know what he's talking about. Of course, this blog's comment threads aren't exactly famous for the quality of their intellectual content, are they?"

LMAO !! Leftists like yourself tend to drag down the intellectual capability of this blog. You think Horsesass.org has any intellect ? Make us laugh - ignorant rodentia comedian. It doesn't take much intuition to figure out where you are going when you advocate replacing hydropower. Honestly, I don't see you being on the nuclear power bandwagon, which by process of elimination leaves you as a green energy advocate aka green weenie. BTW, I stand by my statement in @28 as your inneudo has been debunked. Keep smokin crack, wabbit !

Posted by KDS at November 19, 2012 06:06 PM
31. @37 - Get outta here !

Posted by No chanel handbags at November 19, 2012 06:57 PM
32. @36 Where did I claim Horsesass.org has intellectual content? Once again you demonstrate your proclivity to impute and assume what you don't know. I see you like flinging around labels, too. Don't worry, this blog isn't going to capsize and sink from the intellectual weight you bring to it. But then I knew what I was getting into by arguing with you. A helium balloon is more serious than you.

Posted by Roger Rabbit at November 19, 2012 07:37 PM
33. @39 - My comment was intended to show transparency of the blog you frequent and are visible. Interesting that you don't address anything contradictory to my post - instead here; pure flatulence.
BTW, I know this blog is fine and it will survive with or without you or me.

A helium balloon is more serious than you.
Posted by Roger Rabbit at November 19, 2012 07:37 PM

bwahahaha LMAO !

Posted by KDS at November 19, 2012 07:48 PM
34. @53 - Kindly take your spam and shove it !!

Posted by mulberry bags suck at November 20, 2012 12:54 PM
35. Sorry, folks, as the Sound Politics spam-filtering supercomputer algorithms have been on the fritz; please bear with us as we work to delete such posts from those above in addition to the garbage generated by Marx-bots such as M.B.S. tensor, monkey butt, the hare-brained rabbit and the mail-order doctor.

Statistical analysis indicates the probability that none of the aforementioned loonies pay extra for green energy. Even they are not that stupid.

Posted by the spam filter at November 20, 2012 08:57 PM
36. Please delete @36 and @37. Here is the result of the government that was recently elected and this connects with renewable energy policy.

*** Our enemies don't fear us. Our allies don't trust us. Our govt. doesn't respect us. And I believe it's all by design. ***

Posted by KDS at November 21, 2012 09:10 AM
37. Ron,
More spam from #40 - 46. Please delete it or simply close out this post in the honor of Thanksgiving

Posted by KDS at November 21, 2012 08:08 PM